How to Pair Your Phone with Bluetooth to Your Honda
With Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, you can connect calls, listen to music and podcasts, and receive text messages while keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.
PLEASE NOTE: Bluetooth pairing can only be done when the vehicle is in park.
Newer Honda Vehicles with Display Audio Touch Screen
1. On the phone; verify Bluetooth is ON and it’s in discoverable mode. (Consult your phone’s user manual for instructions on how to change these settings.)
2. On your Honda; press the PHONE button on the radio unit.
3. Select YES and then CONTINUE.
4. Select your phone from the list.
- Verify the number on the phone matches the number on the system and press the confirmation button on the phone.
- If the phone prompts for the pairing pass-code; enter the pairing pass-code provided by the system into the phone.
6. If the phone is not found by the system; select PHONE NOT FOUND. The handsfree system will prompt you to begin the pairing search from the phone. Click here for pairing instructions for your specific phone.
7. Once the phone is paired; the system will notify you that the pairing was complete. The system may prompt you with “Turn On HondaLink Assist”.
- If your phone supports enhanced features such as message and phonebook access; the system will display “Automatic Phone Sync”. Select ON for phone information to be imported or OFF to not allow the system to synchronize these features. Check your phone for any popup messages and be sure to select the check boxes to always allow access to the MAP and PBAP requests if asked. Not accepting these requests may cause Bluetooth connection problems.
Newer Honda Vehicles with Color Audio System (no touchscreen)
Using the selector knob to make and enter selections:
1. Press the Phone or Pick-up button to go to the Phone screen. A prompt appears. Select Yes.
2. Make sure your phone is in discovery mode. Select OK.
3. The system searches for your phone. Select your phone when it appears on the list.
- If your phone does not appear:
Select “Phone Not Found?” and search for HandsFreeLink from your phone. Connect to HFL.
4. The system gives you a pairing code. Compare it to the code that appears on your phone. Connect to HFL from your phone.
13 comment(s) so far on How to Pair Your Phone with Bluetooth to Your Honda
Honda City Hybrid ‘s head unit has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto network, which makes driving is so convenient.
Can i play music from my phone via Bluetooth connecting to honda odyssey 2012
Yes, as long as your device and files are compatible. After connecting to your Odyssey via bluetooth, visit your music files or streaming app to play music through the vehicle.
Thank you. You helped me connect my phone to an older system.
Great – we’re so happy to hear it!
Hi! When I purchased my 2017 Honda Civic the salesman hooked up my phone with voice activation. It has been messed up for some time now. How can I do the voice like when I hit phone i can say call mom?
There can be many factors that could cause the voice interaction to stop working on your vehicle. Is the phone connected through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto? Is the Phone connected to Bluetooth? is the phone an iPhone or Android? How did you interact with the car in order to activate the speech option? Once we have this information we may be able to assist you further.
If possible, are you able to bring the vehicle in so we may assess the process in person? This may make it easier to repair your connection. Please let us know at your earliest convenience so we may help.
My phone is not connecting to Honda jazz 2012. Plz assist me how to pair my phone to cars bluetooth
Hello! Since we do not offer the Honda Jazz, we are unable to assist you. Please contact your local Honda dealer for help with connecting your bluetooth.
You make a great point about making sure your phone is in discovery mode. Do these same rules apply to business phone systems? My work wants me to get a phone system that can hook up to WiFi.
For technology compatibility information, please visit http://www.hondainfocenter.com for further assistance.
I recently bought a 2009 Honda Accord and I don’t know how to Bluetooth my phone to my car
Please refer to your owners manual or visit your local Honda dealer for assistance.