How to Use Apple CarPlay in Your Honda
What Apple CarPlay Does
Available on select Honda models and trims, Apple CarPlay is a smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in the car. CarPlay takes the things that you want to do with your iPhone (5 or newer) while driving and puts them on your car’s built-in display. When you connect your iPhone to CarPlay, you can get turn-by-turn directions, make calls, send and receive messages, listen to music, and more.
CarPlay uses Siri Voice Control, so you can ask for what you want while you’re driving — allowing you to stay focused on the road. CarPlay even works with the built-in controls in your Honda — like a touchscreen, knob, or button.
How to Set Up Apple CarPlay
- Make sure your Honda supports Apple CarPlay
- Start your car, then make sure Siri is on.
- Connect your iPhone to your car with an Apple USB cable (off-brand cables may experience a disconnect issue) into the USB port in your car. The USB port may be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
Use Siri with CarPlay
If your vehicle supports CarPlay or Siri Eyes Free, hold down the voice-command button on your steering wheel while you say what you need. If you aren’t sure where the voice-command button is, check the manual for your car or stereo.
How to Remove and Arrange CarPlay Apps
While using CarPlay, the display in your car will show available apps. To add, remove, or customize the order that the apps are in on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > General, and tap CarPlay.
- Select your car.
- Use the add or delete icons to add or remove apps. Tap and drag an app to change the icon order.
Only apps that are supported by CarPlay will appear. If you have an issue with a third-party app, try to contact the app developer.
If CarPlay doesn’t work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:
- If CarPlay doesn’t activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
- Restart your iPhone and your car.
- Make sure Siri is on.
- If your iPhone isn’t detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn’t restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
- Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
- Check your connection: Try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
- If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car’s manual for more information.
If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support.