How to use the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
To help reduce the likelihood and severity of a frontal impact, the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system are engineered to lightly brake and issue a warning if you don’t slow down when it senses you’re at risk of a collision. CMBS is automatically on upon turning on the ignition in your vehicle.
To adjust the CMBS Alert distance (when your vehicle is in park with the ignition on) follow these steps:
- Press the CLOCK/MENU button.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select VEHICLE SETTINGS.
- Select DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM SETUP
- Select FORWARD COLLISION WARNING DISTANCE
- Select LONG for alerts when vehicle is farther away; select SHORT for alerts when a vehicle is closer.
If you decide this feature isn’t for you, you can turn it off using the following steps:
- Press the SAFETY SUPPORT button.
- Scroll to the CMBS icon and press SELECT
- CMBS will remain off until the ignition is turned back on.
If you have further questions about CMBS, FCW, or how Honda Sensing works, feel free to stop in or give us a call. We’d be happy to assist you!
To see other features in the Honda Sensing Suite in action, click here.