How to Set-Up Honda Walk Away Auto Lock
Convenience comes first when it comes to Honda, and Honda’s Walk Away Auto Lock is one of our favorites. You’ll never have to worry if you remembered to lock your car again with this feature.
How to Set-Up Walk Away Auto Lock
With the vehicle on and in park:
- Select Settings from the home screen
- Select Vehicle
- Select Door/Window Setup
- Select Walk Away Auto Lock
- Select On
- Select Yes
How to use Walk Away Auto Lock
When you walk away from the vehicle while carrying the smart entry remote, the doors will automatically lock. The auto lock function activates when all the doors are closed, and the smart entry remote is within a 5 ft radius of the outside door handle.
- Shut off your vehicle
- Exit and take your keys with you
- While within about 5 ft radius of the vehicle.
- The beeper sounds once; the auto lock function will be activated.
- Carry the smart entry remote beyond about 5 ft from the vehicle and remain outside this range for 2 or more seconds.
- Some exterior lights flash; the beeper sounds; all doors will then lock.
Why does my Honda keep beeping at me?
The continuous beeping indicates that the auto lock function did not initiate and your vehicle is still unlocked. Here are a few reasons why:
- The smart entry remote is inside the vehicle.
- A door or the hood is not closed.
- The vehicle is not turned off and you exited with the smart entry remote.
- You may have walked away from the vehicle too quickly. Stay within a radius of about 5 ft when you get out of the vehicle and close the doors. Wait until you hear the second beep before you walk away.
- Your phone or other electronics may be interfering with the smart entry remote signal.
The Walk Away Auto Lock feature is standard on many of the 2016 and above Honda models, EX trim levels and above. If you have any further questions about this feature or any others, please stop in or give us a call and we will be glad to help you.
READ MORE: How to Change the Clock in Your Honda
READ MORE: How to Use Honda Sensing