How to Set-Up Honda Walk Away Auto Lock
Convenience comes first when it comes to Honda, and Honda’s Walk Away Auto Lock is one of our favorites. You’ll never have to worry if you remembered to lock your car again with this feature.
How to Set-Up Walk Away Auto Lock
With the vehicle on and in park:
- Select Settings from the home screen
- Select Vehicle
- Select Door/Window Setup
- Select Walk Away Auto Lock
- Select On
- Select Yes
How to use Walk Away Auto Lock
When you walk away from the vehicle while carrying the smart entry remote, the doors will automatically lock. The auto lock function activates when all the doors are closed, and the smart entry remote is within a 5 ft radius of the outside door handle.
- Shut off your vehicle
- Exit and take your keys with you
- While within about 5 ft radius of the vehicle.
- The beeper sounds once; the auto lock function will be activated.
- Carry the smart entry remote beyond about 5 ft from the vehicle and remain outside this range for 2 or more seconds.
- Some exterior lights flash; the beeper sounds; all doors will then lock.
Why does my Honda keep beeping at me?
The continuous beeping indicates that the auto lock function did not initiate and your vehicle is still unlocked. Here are a few reasons why:
- The smart entry remote is inside the vehicle.
- A door or the hood is not closed.
- The vehicle is not turned off and you exited with the smart entry remote.
- You may have walked away from the vehicle too quickly. Stay within a radius of about 5 ft when you get out of the vehicle and close the doors. Wait until you hear the second beep before you walk away.
- Your phone or other electronics may be interfering with the smart entry remote signal.
The Walk Away Auto Lock feature is standard on many of the 2016 and above Honda models, EX trim levels and above. If you have any further questions about this feature or any others, please stop in or give us a call and we will be glad to help you.
READ MORE: How to Change the Clock in Your Honda
READ MORE: How to Use Honda Sensing
6 comment(s) so far on How to Set-Up Honda Walk Away Auto Lock
My auto lock on walk away stopped working. I was in an accident, ever since then it will not work. It does not lock on its own and does not beep at all. I have gone into the setting and turned them off and back on, it still does not work,
Please take your vehicle to your local Honda dealer service department for assistance with your Auto Lock feature.
My 2018 Honda Crv would not start (totally dead). I replaced the bsttery and was drained this morning ( total dead)
I jumped it everything reset automaticallybut now i am getting a warning beep even when car is off ,?
We are not able to advise you on this vehicle. Please call the service department (ours or your local Honda dealer) for assistance.
One of our key fobs does this quick beeping even when the feature is turned off. Is there something wrong with the key fob or will it do that if it’s little battery starts to age?
The key fobs do not beep. If your vehicle is beeping after it is turned off, and walk-away auto-lock is off, it is likely that there is still a light on (headlight, interior light). If there are no lights on, the best recommendation we have is to take to your local dealership to have it checked out.